On this episode we spoke with Patrick Carr, author of the Staff and Sword Series, about his venture into the Darkwater Saga and the Shock of Night.
A trilogy of trilogies awaits!
In these episodes, Patrick keeps us laughing. Also, you'll never believe how accident prone Patrick is!
All of us wax nostalgic at some point...you'd think we're old or something!
In Episode 30
- Character-driven fantasy, and how he accomplishes this in his plotting process.
- Patrick and his disagreeable muse.
- Planning for a series long-term + happy circumstance
- Re-doing books from scratch...under deadline
- Carrying around your books and your characters in your head all the time.
- Patrick's advice: be a merciless critic where your writing is concerned.
- Patrick's methods for attacking writer's block
- Candy bar in a cup drinks at Starbucks at Christmas
- Patrick shares some of his techniques for making perfect fudge (yes, seriously)
- Patrick and Liberty discuss rigor mortis...and gross Aaron out
- Traditional marketing advice from Patrick's agent, Steve Laube. The phrase "literary Amway guy" comes into play.
- Patrick's funny experiences of being an author
The Darkwater Saga
The Shock of Night
Steve Laube (Patrick's agent!)
David Eddings (The Belgariad)
Steven R. Donaldson (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant)
C. S. Lewis (Screwtape Letters; The Space Trilogy)
Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series
The Magician by Raymond Feist