This week on the show, we have Randy Streu, who is the producer of Beyond the Rim, a sci-fi and horror audio drama/podcast.
In Episode 36
- Randy discusses how he got into radio drama, with its roots coming from college.
- We discuss PEG...and how she ties to one of our hosts.
- Why writing for radio is good for lazy writers!
- Social commentary in writing.
- The gruesome research for Shoo, Fly, the first production for Beyond the Rim.
- Aaron & Randy Streu
Listen to Episode 1 of Beyond the Rim Here!
In Episode 37
- Too lazy to plot.
- Music selections for the horror writer.
- Writing flash fiction.
- Staying fully immersed and how it can be difficult.
- How to adapt a story for audio.
- Randy's unique way of dealing with writer's block. "Books I Didn't Write."
- The differences and similarities between marketing an audio drama versus a book.
- The problems of not being able to pick a favorite movie (or book).
- Write it anyway, even if you think no one wants to hear what you have to say.
A Flame in the Dark Productions
The Tick (TV show)
Master & Commander (books by Patrick O'Brian & movie)
J-Pod (Douglass Coupland)
The Audio Drama Podcast
Microserfs by Douglas Coupland
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
The Sherlock Holmes Mysteries (with John Gielgud)
The Thing on the Fourble Board - Episode from "Quiet, Please!"
The Death Robbery (with Boris Karloff) - Episode from "Lights Out"
The Peoria Plague
We're Alive by Kc Wayland
Campfire Radio Theater
Tales from the Museum ( DarkerProjects.com )